Five kids...each one it's own variety. Lots of laughter, joy and fun times. A life following Jesus...being a Jesus lover. Raising these incredible individuals and leading them towards their destiny. Stop on by, settle in for a bit and share bits and pieces of our life.
Wow, it's been forever. So much has changed in my life in the past few years. I loved blogging a few years ago and then my life went on full speed ahead. And now I am back. I surely am not the person that I was just a few years ago. So, here are 30 things about myself that will get us reacquainted.
1. I am living back in Florida. Wow, how did that happen???
2. A door opened that we couldn't ignore in my husband's career and we took it.
3. I miss so much about NC, but at the same time I am at such peace here in Florida.
4. We have such a lovely home here in Florida.
5. We have a pool.
6. I have been living in my bathing suit.
7. The heat hasn't bothered me yet. (Maybe I shouldn't say that yet)
8. I am still married to the most amazing man...22+ years and counting.
9. Five kids still...one in college...two in high school and two in middle school.
10. I don't miss the baby stage at all.
11. This season we are in is wonderful with the kids...we can have alone time…
So, how exactly did we get here? Back to the beautiful beaches of Florida. How did we leave such luscious landscape in the mountains and the clear, crisp air? We never thought that we would be back in Florida...except for an occasional vacation. It was never on our radar...we were so happy and content making roots in NC. Why would we ever leave? Even my mind is blown from the events of the last nine months. So, here is our story.
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55: 8-9
Last September, Matthew was gearing up for the next open enrollment season in his job as an insurance manager. He would spend weeks training new and old agents as they prepared to sell for the season that runs from October to the end of December. Matthew, for the past 3.5 years, continued to work for the same insurance …
This girl has been caught taking selfies on our cameras. We don't realize she has taken them until we look at our phones. She is so cute...and so preteen. As we are winding down the teen years with Bryn...we are in the homestretch, we see several more beckoning. Caleb will be 13 in one month and Esther is 11...and she is just bursting to be a teenager. She still has that softness of a little girl, but we keep on seeing glimmers in her life that are totally "TEEN." The entrance of selfies is a prime example. Love it. She has always been our quiet, keep to yourself girl...but all of a sudden she is becoming a social butterfly. Lots of friends...texting them on her tablet ( you should have seen my face when she sent me her first text)...small temper tantrums. It's in the mix..and Matt and I feel a little more prepared this time. We have some experience...we know what to expect...what to pay attention to and what to just ignore. By time we are done with this load of kid…