Going Home

 I prayed a lot to go home this past week. I had hurt the muscle in my hip and things were looking bad. I could barely walk, let alone travel with an 11 year old 1200 miles away. I did everything my doctor told me and more. I was determined to go. And go I did.
We headed to upstate NY last week for a mini family reunion. We are from the Dutchess County, Orange County area in NY. It's one of the prettiest place in the country...right by the Hudson River. And it's only minutes from NYC. The picture above is my brother and I at the house that we grew up in. It's always sweet to go back. It was even sweeter to have our kids there and now my brother's grand baby...to walk and play at the same places that we did. There were lots of moments that day that I wanted to cry. There were definite tears in my eyes. Life is so full circle.
The picture above is all of us that came from Florida to the reunion. We stopped at one of the most awesome creameries that you could go to. They have the most amazing ice cream. Fresh. Straight from their farms.

So what do you learn from these moments? I was texting my mother-in-law this morning and we were talking about how this place will always be my home. But I know that I won't move back there ever. It will forever hold a small piece of my heart. I just love it there. But at the same time I just don't see it in my future. But it's always great to go back. Going back to have those sweet moments. We also learn that it's great to look back, but more importantly we need to look forward. The future we hold is bright.

If you want to read a sweet blog from the last time I took my kids up to NY then check out this link...
https://thereynoldsnation.blogspot.com/2009/01/new-york-new-york.html. Sweet memories!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?