13th Year


Today we started and celebrated the first day of school. Thirteen years of homeschooling. Started out with one child and this will be my last year with 5 kids all at once. Today was Bryn's last first day of school with us. Very sad, but at the same time it is wonderful. She is taking one class with us and the rest are at the local college. Esther and Caleb are in 6th grade, William in the 4th and Judah in 2nd.
Though homeschooling has been challenging and difficult at times, it is still one of the most rewarding jobs ever. I believe that it has changed me more than them. God takes time to pull off the ugliness that we have. It's not always pretty, but it's good for you.  So if you think of me, pray...My prayer is for a smooth homeschooling year...full of lots learning, change and more cohesiveness with the kids. God has a greater plan than just education...he wants their hearts and their lives. And if today was your first day, I hope it went beautifully.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?