Big Announcement!!!


When we prepared to move back down to Florida my husband encouraged me to take a rest when we moved and to start with a clean slate. I was wearing so many hats...babysitter, mom, tutor, doula, homeschooler...and he suggested that I pray about what I was to do next. Go to Florida with no expectations. First, I was to rest. And that was so important to me. I needed to get my life back and to get strong again. I was weary and tired when we signed on our house on that afternoon of January 25th. I was more tired then I have ever been. Mentally, emotionally, physically...I was wiped out. And then we had to move our family 500 miles and set up a new house. I needed a rest.

I am still resting and enjoying my new life here. I am being careful about not jumping into too much. My family has to be my priority. And that's where I am right now. But I also have been in prayer about what will be next. What did I want to keep in my life and what did I want to bring to a close. Working as a doula was one of those prayers. I just wasn't sure. I just love working with the moms and their babies. It brought me such pleasure and where I feel strong. It's not just a job, but it's a passion. But at the same time I needed to check in with God. I brought it to him in
prayer and waited. And waited.  I knew there wasn't a rush. God knows me...and there was no jumping ahead.

And then this past week I have been talking with an old NC client. And I was helping her with some questions about her upcoming birth. I feel so sad that I won't be there.  And I was texting her some suggestions to bring on labor and something in me clicked. I knew. I knew that this passion isn't burned out and done. And God wants me to continue. And he may want to expand in other horizons. I don't know. But I know that this story isn't complete. It's funny how you just know...when it's good, it's good.

So, I will be taking new clients as a doula in Florida. Spread the word!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?