Return of Me: 30 things about me!



Wow, it's been forever. So much has changed in my life in the past few years. I loved blogging a few years ago and then my life went on full speed ahead. And now I am back. I surely am not the person that I was just a few years ago. So, here are 30 things about myself that will get us reacquainted.

1. I am living back in Florida. Wow, how did that happen???

2. A door opened that we couldn't ignore in my husband's career and we took it.

3. I miss so much about NC, but at the same time I am at such peace here in Florida.

4. We have such a lovely home here in Florida.

5. We have a pool.

6. I have been living in my bathing suit.

7. The heat hasn't bothered me yet. (Maybe I shouldn't say that yet)

8. I am still married to the most amazing man...22+ years and counting.

9. Five kids still...one in college...two in high school and two in middle school.

10. I don't miss the baby stage at all.

11. This season we are in is wonderful with the kids...we can have alone time and still have quality time with our kids.

12. I still love to write...I just have been out of practice.

13. I tutor kids with dyslexia. Judah was diagnosed 3 years ago and now I tutor other children. Judah can read wonderfully now.

14. I love tutoring. It is so rewarding to see the kids succeed.

15. We have the sweetest puppy, named Jack. And our adorable dachshund Holly.

16.  I have had the worst 1.5 years of my life after my mom died unexpectedly.

17. The worst ever is to have someone you love dearly die without notice.

18. I am still crawling out of the hole that I was in after her death. Grief has been the worst ever and you can't explain it until you are in it.

19. I dream about my mom almost daily, I miss her desperately and feel at such a loss. Though I know that she is with the Lord, I have to be honest and say that I would rather be selfish and have her here with us.

20. Because of this time of grief, I have become a different person. But this person is so molded, shaped and chiseled by the Lord. I know that I am more like him than ever and know that God's hand is over every bit of who I am today.

21. My favorite color is still yellow.

22. I love to drink Stawberry Acai refreshers from Starbucks.

23. My favorite date with Matthew is drinking at Starbucks by ourselves so we can just talk.

24. I still am a huge talker and I love to be around people.

25. I get energized by being around people.

26. I am in a new season with life and I see God making changes.

27. God told me to rest when we moved back here to Florida. No expectations.

28. I am enjoying the rest and am in anticipation of what is next.

29. I am 42 years old...wow, that seemed so old at one time.

30. I love to laugh and be around real people who are willing to impart in my life and for me to do the same.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?