17th Year

When I look at this picture it makes me want to cry. I can't believe that we are 17 years into this. Who knew? Matthew is the one who wanted to homeschool. I never planned on homeschooling. I had total plans to put Bryn in school. I couldn't imagine being with kids all day long without a break. But God had different plans. He knew that to capture my kids hearts that this is what we needed to do.

One of my favorite scriptures right now is Luke 6:40, which basically says when you are fully trained the student will be like their teacher. And I know some amazing teachers out there. Some of those teachers are my close friends. But there are a lot out there that I wouldn't want to teach my kids. Their ideas, morals, foundation may not line up with mine. And I want to be the main influence in their life. Does that make me perfect? No. But I know my heart. And my husband's heart. And we hope to pour that into our kids. I told another friend the other day that you are the best teacher for your kids. You know them best.

The funniest thing about this picture is that when we started to homeschool, none of these kids were even born. It's been a fast journey...a hard journey...but one that I am so glad that I didn't miss out on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?