William's 1st 10K

 My faithful running shoes out and ready to go at 5:30 this morning. We had a very early wake up call to get to the race on time. We had to be there at 6:20 to get our numbers, our shirts and to warm up...the race started at 7:00.

I snapped this picture right before we started running. William is putting his earphones in and he was ready to go.
 I love this picture...we had just taken a quick walk to warm up and he looked so happy. I just love his enthusiasm!
 Our running gear, minus my phone that I use. We have an ipod, my garmin forerunner (to track my pace), bluetooth headset and ear phones. We were ready.
First time I have ever fallen when I have run. Literally when I was at 5.5 miles I took a tumble on an uneven sidewalk. My knee looks bad and I bruised my thumb (of all places)...I am assuming I bruised it from trying to catch my fall.
This is us after the race...goodness, I am sweaty. And it was a cloudy day. I guess I am allowed to be so sweaty after running 6.2 miles. The best part is that William came in 3rd for his division ( 20 years and younger)!!!!! Can you believe it? He totally amazed me. I couldn't be prouder!!!!
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?