It's Right Around the Corner

I have never been a Christmas countdown kind of person, but I am actually getting excited for the upcoming Christmas season. Is it too soon to talk about it??? I used to think so. I didn't want to talk about Christmas until after Thanksgiving...but something has changed in me.

Last Christmas season over half of my house was packed up. We were weeks away from moving back to Florida...Matthew was technically living in Florida at that point and we were taking turns going back and forth. It was an extremely cold December in North Carolina. We had a cold front come through Christmas week that froze our water meter at the road and we didn't see double digits for days. And I was sad. I was very sad. My mom had been gone for a year. And we were moving away from the place that I loved. I was just keeping my eye on the Lord and trusting him for each step ahead of us. But, I sure was sad. I can't even explain it. My life was changing and it was changing quickly...and change is not my favorite friend.

So, this year I am excited. I already have several Christmas presents bought. The other day Matthew and I were strolling through Hobby Lobby and selected several new ornaments for the kids. Matthew was looking at Christmas trees...I know he is going to want a fake tree this year. Not my favorite, but I am willing to stretch a little. I would like to put two trees up this year...I wonder if I could work that out. I am already getting into that mood...and somewhere on the horizon the temps will get lower here in Florida. It's coming.

There is a new season for everything...and I am learning to love each season that I am in. What are your plans for Christmas? Anything new and exciting? Let me know...I love to hear other people's plans.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?