Monday Mania 9/10


Today was one of those days where your body feels super tired, but you know that you just can't be in bed all day.  Yeah, I know we homeschool. And there are certain liberties that come with that. But we also have a house full of high schoolers and middle schoolers...and you can't take too much time off without it hurting the rest of your week or school year. And with co-op now starting on Fridays there isn't any extra, spare time later in the week. So...we marched into Monday with tired bodies...but we got it done.

I guess the question is...why were we tired? Days ago one of my closest friends from NC called and said that she would be at St. Simons Island and could we drive up to see them. It was only 175 miles away...much closer than Western North Carolina.  I tossed the idea around in my head. Do I want to drive that far? Is it worth it? Matthew was going away for the day and night on a business trip, so he wouldn't even be home. If we had more time we would have planned it better and stayed for two days. But this was for one day.

It's funny how the more time you spend with God...in prayer and bible study...the more you hear his voice. And I really felt an OK to this little expedition. But it actually was more than an OK...it was a GO! It was an opportunity to be in a place that we have never been to before and to experience it. And that's what I have been wanting in life. And here was a chance. And we took it.

And our outing to St. Simon's Island was amazing. We had a wonderful time catching up with our friends....the kids played, and played and played some more. We lounged on the beach...and then moved over and hung out at the pool. It was just sweet, and simple. And then my friend's husband took the kids and walked a mile down the beach to the pier. And we drove over to meet them there. We sat looking at the amazing views and then enjoyed ice cream at their sweet downtown area. A leisurely day...a fun day...just what I needed. Yes, we drove a lot. But it was worth every moment.

So, my thoughts for the day. To remember to enjoy the spontaneous. Try new things. Don't be afraid to drive a couple hundred miles to see friends. Take each moment to love life.

*The picture above was while we were driving home and the sunset was amazing in Jacksonville. The picture doesn't do it justice. The colors were amazing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?