Gratitude Friday

Well, the week flew by again. It was of course super busy, but it was good! Today instead of making a list of what I am grateful for, I have a story to tell.
As most of you know, we have been working on the addition to our house for the past 2.5 months...it is going smoothly and looks great. Well, we had a construction company do most of the outside work, but the inside things were to be done by Matt. He finished the insulation without a problem and passed the inspection. He originally planned to do the drywall also, but after looking more into it he felt like he bit more off than he could handle. So we asked the construction company how much they would charge. They gave us an awesome price of $800.00, but it was $800.00 more than we had. So our prayer was that God would provide the extra money or bring someone in our life to help. About 2 weeks ago my mom suggested that we call my brother Michael to help. He has some drywall experience and between him and Matt they may be able to get it done. My brother said yes immediately, and Matt lined up some guys to help out this past weekend.
Well, the day before the morning they were supposed to start my brother Michael comes over with an old friend of his. They start inspecting the addition and he was telling Michael ideas of how to drywall everything. I find out that this old friend, Mike, had his own drywall business. He helped Michael with measurements and helped him prepare for the next day. I thought that was so awesome. The next day, Matt has his helpers here and my brother shows up with his buddy Mike. Mike didn't want to leave Michael alone with such a big job...so he stayed with Michael for two days and did all of the drywall!!!! We got a professional job done for free. How exciting was that! We could not believe it. We just fed them lunch and they completed it. Matt and his helpers didn't help at all...all they needed was my brother and Mike.
The big lesson...whenever you think that you are all alone and you are at a dead end...God has another answer. He knew our need and stepped in. His faithfulness reaches the skies. I am a prisoner to HOPE. Give God the glory today and expect God to meet your needs.

Comments

Superhero Mom said…
To God be the glory, great things He hath done! I'm so happy for you guys!

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?