Just when you think it looks like a desert...

It rains!!! And rains! And rains! It has rained for four straight days here in Florida. What a long week. At first it was a steady rain...for Monday and Tuesday. A bit of slippery roads, but the property just looked wet. Then on Tuesday night, Matt stayed up half the night watching Tornadoes coming over the Atlantic...nothing close to us, but Matt is my resident meteorologist and he kept us safe. And then all day yesterday we had down pour after down pour...tons of lightning and a bit of thunder. It was a long day. And then everything started to flood. So, now my pasture is half flooded, but the goats are still okay. I moved their feed bucket so they could get to it and they are staying on the dry land. Hopefully it will dry up fast, which is usually does. The chickens were looking at me with a funny look...I tried to soothe them with soft kind words about the rain stopping soon...I hope it worked. Funny thing, is that they have been giving me 100% or 1 short of their ratio of eggs. I guess the rain doesn't stop them. Everyone else is good. The kids are a bit stir crazy, but that is okay. We all must adapt to new situations.
Matt and I are heading to the homeschool convention in Orlando tomorrow...a day just to ourselves. We need to find new curriculum for the kids for next year. So we will spend tomorrow looking through books and finding the best for our kids. Have a great day tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?