Back to School


Yes, we must admit it but summer is over and we are back to school. Back to the grind. Back to the schedule. The lazy days of summer are gone. The high temps are still here, but what do you expect we are in Florida! We normally wait until the day after Labor Day, but with the holiday landing a bit late this year we decided to start a week early. The kids are getting restless anyway, so it is time. And I am also at the point where I am very ready.
So, yesterday we started bright and early...and we were together on the couches for bible time at ten minutes after eight. Our goal is to always to start by eight thirty, so we did good for the first day. Caleb and Esther (my first graders) have a heavier load this year than last...but they are enjoying all the time with me. I am even doing a small program with William, and he is loving it. Not quite ready to sit still for long periods of time, but wanting to do "school" with mommy. Bryn is in 7th grade this year (I can't believe it), and we are moving into much harder subjects. I found an awesome history curriculum for this year...called Beautiful Feet Ancient History. They produce lots of curriculum, but this is generated for her age group. It is a literature based program, which is right up my alley since I am a huge reader! And Bryn is too! And the curriculum starts out right in the beginning and corresponds with the word. Part of her first lesson was reading from Genesis 1-5...which is so awesome. Let the bible become even more real to her!!!
I have high hopes this year! Expecting to complete a lot of work and to enjoy all the moments with my kids. It is such a privilege to homeschool our kids, so I am loving every moment of it! I will give you updates throughout the year. The picture above is of the kids right when Matt was leaving in the morning. Judah wasn't too happy about being in the picture...so you will see his mouth wide open from screaming! So, here they are on the first day...happy and full of spunk!

Comments

Superhero Mom said…
Wishing you the very best homeschool week every! I love that Judah face!!

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?