Loss


I felt compelled this morning to take a moment to mention a loss that we had this weekend. My friend Diane Sanders lost her husband, Jeff, after a several year faith struggle with prostate cancer. He at one time was a productive business man, husband and father. The past few years have been a struggle after he was diagnosed with prostate cancer. Lots of mountains and valleys for this family the past years...but the most important thing is the stance that they stood in....they believed that God would heal him and that this would be an amazing part of his testimony. We have seen this very thing happen in our own church. But this is one of those times where you can't explain God...or even question him. His is sovereign. Your trust is totally in Him. I told Diane yesterday that they did leave an awesome testimony. They stood in faith no matter what. They did now bow down to fear, pain or questionable reports from the doctor. They reached out to the community for help...there was an awesome car wash where God showed up and blessed the family with thousands of dollars that were needed for health care costs...there was a dinner held where the community showed up to support. So much. For all the community to see what God was doing in their life. So, I see as this...this journey that they walked is the testimony that God wanted to show. Though the end result wasn't what they wanted, God still showed up and presented miraculous power. It's all about the journey that you walk out...the dips in the road, the curves, fast turns and detours...and this family represented how FAITH should be. Such an example for all of us. They blessed me beyond reason. So, yes there is a huge loss here...but at the same time I am not the same person because of Jeff and Diane. My view of faith is forever changed...they showed me how you walk this out. With grace, dignity and an unchanging love and respect for the Lord.

Comments

Diane Sanders said…
God bless you Allison! I am so encouraged, even thrilled, that the faith walk Jeff & I stood in together with our family was a testimony to you and others, that is what we both wanted...to lead others to our Lord and Saviour through our testimony of faith! Jeff has no more pain & no more tears, hallelujah!! I am grateful for the peace & strength God is giving me! Thank you for sharing your heart. I love you! Diane
Concetta said…
That was a beautiful tribute to an extraordinary family - thank you so much for your heartfelt post and a reminder to all of us that our life belongs to the Father and we must trust in the midst of even the most difficult of circumstances. This man has left a magnificent legacy and I am truly excited to see the wonders He will bring to Jeff's precious family.
Love,
Connie

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?