Nifty Fifty

Yesterday I hit my second interim goal.  I hit the 50 pounds lost mark.  WoooHooo! Can't believe it.  I did it in three months and one week.  I know super fast. But all done by healthy eating, and lots of exercise.  This is the most weight I have ever lost, and I am so proud and so excited. It has been an incredible journey.
My husband Matt was the catalyst of this whole journey.  He decided in January to start a juice fast.  He had seen the movie, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead," and he totally identified with the man who made the documentary.  He felt like he had gone to the other side when it came to his health.  And after losing his father a year ago from heart disease,  he knew he was going down that path.  I knew that I was on the brink of major health issues, and wanted to do something about it.  So, he started a complete 60 day juice fast and I started a partial juice fast.  And we got totally extreme about it too...we pulled almost all of the processed food out of our house.  I now make all our own bread, pasta, and everything in between.  We eat lots of fresh and raw...and we all feel a million times better.  We no longer stop at fast food...we would rather eat something whole, so that we can keep our bodies whole. 
And the best part of this journey...not just the weight loss...is that I feel a million times better!! I am no longer achy, bloated and full.  I feel light on my feet.  My energy level is through the roof.  I don't crash half way through the day like I used to.  I can't believe I was wasting my life before feeling so cruddy.  And now, I am less than 2 weeks from running my first 5k...me? Did you hear that? Me run a 5k is crazy. Never did I think that would happen.  I had given up on a dream like that.  And now it's becoming a reality.  And I am so enjoying my runs.  It is so awesome.  My body is responding well to it.  I feel so brand new.  And yes I have a long way to go...but that's all right.  I am ready and pushing through.  I feel fantastic.
And one more thing. If you are reading this and know that you are supposed to lose some weight.  Feeling junky? Tired? Achy? Then get up and make a change.  This change will allow you to live life to the fullest.  It's an awesome feeling.  Don't let another day go by without making a change.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?