Five kids...each one it's own variety. Lots of laughter, joy and fun times. A life following Jesus...being a Jesus lover. Raising these incredible individuals and leading them towards their destiny. Stop on by, settle in for a bit and share bits and pieces of our life.
Wow, it's been forever. So much has changed in my life in the past few years. I loved blogging a few years ago and then my life went on full speed ahead. And now I am back. I surely am not the person that I was just a few years ago. So, here are 30 things about myself that will get us reacquainted.
1. I am living back in Florida. Wow, how did that happen???
2. A door opened that we couldn't ignore in my husband's career and we took it.
3. I miss so much about NC, but at the same time I am at such peace here in Florida.
4. We have such a lovely home here in Florida.
5. We have a pool.
6. I have been living in my bathing suit.
7. The heat hasn't bothered me yet. (Maybe I shouldn't say that yet)
8. I am still married to the most amazing man...22+ years and counting.
9. Five kids still...one in college...two in high school and two in middle school.
10. I don't miss the baby stage at all.
11. This season we are in is wonderful with the kids...we can have alone time…
Years ago my mom was hurt in an accident and she was hurt pretty badly. She wasn't able to walk for a few months. She basically hung out in the recliner at my house waiting for her knee to heal. It took several months. I was her caretaker those months…I had to do everything for her. It was tough. I had five kids…my youngest was only 2 years old, I was homeschooling and my house was really busy. But you do what you have to do. Right? Now, with my mom gone, I sure wish I could go back to those days. Now I realize it was an honor to care for her. This blog post really isn’t about that. During that time she watched a lot of television. Of course, she didn’t have anything else to do. We still have crazy memories of her watching Seven Brides for Seven Brothers over and over again with my girls. Not her choice…it was the girls who were obsessed with that movie. After those few months she absolutely hated that movie…lol And she seemed to watch QVC a lot. Remember QVC? Where you could shop…
I think that when you are a Christian you are always trying to keep your ear open to God and what he has to say. I imagine my life sometimes having one of those Elijah from the bible moments and have God call me in the middle of the night..."I am here, Lord." Yeah, well that hasn't happened quite yet. But I am expecting it any moment...hehehe!!!
A few days ago when I was in New York I had one of the God talking to you moments. But this time it was from another person. When that person speaks truth to you...he doesn't beat around the bush...and speaks straight to your heart. Yeah, it was one of those kind of moments. And I am glad I had an ear to hear. So, I thought I would share with you. I want to be open and honest. And real.
1. Move on with your grieving for your mom. She would want you to move on and live your life to the fullest.
2. Embrace your life in Florida.
3. Let go of that one person in your life that you are holding onto (I will keep that person's n…