Five kids...each one it's own variety. Lots of laughter, joy and fun times. A life following Jesus...being a Jesus lover. Raising these incredible individuals and leading them towards their destiny. Stop on by, settle in for a bit and share bits and pieces of our life.
Wow, it's been forever. So much has changed in my life in the past few years. I loved blogging a few years ago and then my life went on full speed ahead. And now I am back. I surely am not the person that I was just a few years ago. So, here are 30 things about myself that will get us reacquainted.
1. I am living back in Florida. Wow, how did that happen???
2. A door opened that we couldn't ignore in my husband's career and we took it.
3. I miss so much about NC, but at the same time I am at such peace here in Florida.
4. We have such a lovely home here in Florida.
5. We have a pool.
6. I have been living in my bathing suit.
7. The heat hasn't bothered me yet. (Maybe I shouldn't say that yet)
8. I am still married to the most amazing man...22+ years and counting.
9. Five kids still...one in college...two in high school and two in middle school.
10. I don't miss the baby stage at all.
11. This season we are in is wonderful with the kids...we can have alone time…
Years ago my mom was hurt in an accident and she was hurt pretty badly. She wasn't able to walk for a few months. She basically hung out in the recliner at my house waiting for her knee to heal. It took several months. I was her caretaker those months…I had to do everything for her. It was tough. I had five kids…my youngest was only 2 years old, I was homeschooling and my house was really busy. But you do what you have to do. Right? Now, with my mom gone, I sure wish I could go back to those days. Now I realize it was an honor to care for her. This blog post really isn’t about that. During that time she watched a lot of television. Of course, she didn’t have anything else to do. We still have crazy memories of her watching Seven Brides for Seven Brothers over and over again with my girls. Not her choice…it was the girls who were obsessed with that movie. After those few months she absolutely hated that movie…lol And she seemed to watch QVC a lot. Remember QVC? Where you could shop…
I have never been a Christmas countdown kind of person, but I am actually getting excited for the upcoming Christmas season. Is it too soon to talk about it??? I used to think so. I didn't want to talk about Christmas until after Thanksgiving...but something has changed in me.
Last Christmas season over half of my house was packed up. We were weeks away from moving back to Florida...Matthew was technically living in Florida at that point and we were taking turns going back and forth. It was an extremely cold December in North Carolina. We had a cold front come through Christmas week that froze our water meter at the road and we didn't see double digits for days. And I was sad. I was very sad. My mom had been gone for a year. And we were moving away from the place that I loved. I was just keeping my eye on the Lord and trusting him for each step ahead of us. But, I sure was sad. I can't even explain it. My life was changing and it was changing quickly...and change is not m…