Happy Birthday to my beloved Mummy!


Okay, it is not the best picture...but it was taken on Mother's Day this year and it is my most recent picture. My mom and I...when Matt took us out for lunch. Let me tell you about my mom. Today she turns 61! I can't believe it. I remember when she turned 35 and I thought she was going to die. Well, I guess she made it a few more years and I am so glad. My mom has been through a lot over the years. She grew up in New York City, at a time when it was wonderful and safe to be. She remembers riding on the subway when she was only 12 and never being afraid. Sadly, because of life circumstances my mom had to quit school at 16 so that she could support her family. I always felt so bad for her because of that. But I do remember when I was young watching her study for her GED and then taking college courses. Her hidden strength was such a great example. That's why I was so proud when I got my bachelor's degree...she did everything in her power to make sure I finished. My mom's dad died when she was in her early twenties...he was her main support...I never got to meet him, and I sorry for that. And then my mom went through years of abuse from my own father...I can't believe she made it through all that and was an overcomer. My mom is stronger than anyone I know. Though she has had loss and has been wounded, she still persevered. She never gives up hope and believes the best for all situations...even if it doesn't look like it is going that way. My mom has lived with Matt and I for the past 5 years and it has been such a blessing. She spends time with my kids, she works on our property and is just a positive in my life. I hope that she knows that I care about her so much, and one of the saddest days of my life will be when she is gone. She always believes in me and will be the first person to tell me when I am wrong. Though we haven't always agreed, I know that she will always be there for me. I love you mom!

Comments

Superhero Mom said…
What a beautiful tribute to your Mom!

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?