Let me share my heart



Let me introduce you to my nephew Joshua Logan. Here he is yesterday at the pool...the day he moved from Florida to Ohio. His mom came and picked him up because his relationship with my brother and his father has been strained. I was only 17 when he was born, but let me tell you that my heart became alive that day in December of 1992. I adored him from that day on and his smile would make my heart sing. I told him yesterday that he was the first person that I said I love you to. My family didn't ever say those words, even though I knew that they loved me. But when he was born I told him those few words every time I saw him and from them on it became easy for me to say them. They were actually the last words I said to him yesterday. Now I am able to say them to friends and family with ease. That's why I say he opened my heart up! Now that he won't be around all the time, I will miss him desperately. I told my husband yesterday that I felt like I just let one of my kids go...that's how important he has been to me. I used to call him Pookman and he still calls me Auntie. So, I say goodbye for now to him and for him to know that I will pray for him everyday...that he will serve the Lord always and that he will always seek the Lord first. He is one of the smartest kids I know and he has the potential of the world before him. And thank you Josh for letting me love you and for opening my heart up! Auntie
Here is Josh with Zachary and Xavier at the pool The gang is (almost)all here...William, Caleb, Bryn, Xavier, Josh, Judah, Zachary and Esther

Comments

SutherinMom said…
This made me cry. I am coying the picture of the boys and Josh so that they can have a copy of it in their room. Until I was around Josh ad Brianna I never thought I ever wanted children. In many ways they opened my heart too. Not a days goes by that I don't miss them terribly and think about them both.
Christina
Amanda said…
I loved this! How sweet. Welcome.
Amanda
Michelle said…
Welcome to the world of blogging and I can say knowing Josh from football he is truly a wonderful young man. God has blessed him and has great things in store for him.

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?