A New Adventure


Yesterday, Matt took me out in his kayak for the first time.  He bought his kayak months ago when he was losing weight.  It was a gift to himself for all of his weight loss.  He loved going out with his brothers or even by himself in the late afternoon after work.  But he really wants some people to go out with regularly.
Now picture me.  I had never gone out on a kayak.  Ever.  I never did athletic things because of my weight.  Being so heavy held me back from living life to the fullest.  It literally holds you down.  You either can't fit into something, or your body can't move appropriately.  I think you get to a point where you don't even notice anymore. 
Well, because of my change in eating and a ton of exercise my body is shrinking rapidly.  I am down 81 pounds....my body is in dump mode.  I lost 11 pounds in one week, which is the most I have lost ever in that time span except for my first week.  I have been doubling up on exercise each day (joining my husband in the evening)...and I guess that's what did it.  I didn't change anything else.  And I have learned that my body will dump a whole bunch of weight and then stop for a time.  Crazy!
Well, I have been getting little rewards every time I hit 25 pounds.  Well, my next goal to reach is 100 pounds lost (that's 19 pounds away, yahoo)...and my husband is buying me a kayak.  I am so excited!
So, there I was yesterday in the Indian River kayaking.  I felt so overwhelmed.  I couldn't believe that was me out there. It has been a long time coming.  A lot of work.  But it felt so good.  God is so good.  There is such freedom on this road that I am on.  It is literally a whole new world! Don't let weight hold you back from living this awesome life.  I am so excited to see what else God has for me.

Comments

Superhero Mom said…
That is one of my favorite things to do! Enjoy!

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?