1. I really had come to a point in my life where I knew I no longer wanted to be this heavy. Enough was enough. I got to the point where I was no longer active. I was tired a lot and sluggish. And how can I be the mom of 5 kids and be sluggish. I needed change and I needed it now! So, I made a decision that this was the time.
2. At first I did a lot of juicing meals to change my way of eating. And when I ate food (which I did every day) I tried to keep it as "Raw" as possible. Very little meat, very little dairy...just down to the basics of veggies.
3. I started to exercise immediately. First with walking a few times a week (see if someone can join you, accountability is the key) and doing an "old-fashioned" workout video in my living room. This was so important...it got me moving and started building my strength and ability to workout.
4. I removed all "junk" from my diet. I didn't "cheat" and I didn't put myself in situations where I could. I didn't make cookies for the kids, because I knew I couldn't handle that. I don't believe in never eating this stuff again, but I felt like I needed to remove the "sweet tooth" from my system. This was so important. I took the craving out by not feeding it. I know it may be hard in the beginning, but it was worth it.
6. I switched from juicing to smoothies for breakfast. I make a shake every morning of Almond milk, spinach, ground flax, honey and blueberries. It is superb and makes me feel great. What a great way to start the day...with raw fruits and veggies. Put it all in the blender and go!
7.Now, I exercise about 5-7x a week. I run 3-4x a week and then I add other stuff. Running has been a huge factor in how small I have been getting. I realized that I am "literally" running my butt off. And no it's not my favorite thing to do...especially at 5-6 in the morning when everyone else is snug in bed, but I know my body likes it and I feel the best I have in my ENTIRE life.
8. Now, I continue to eat good. I try to do 50% raw foods every day...lean meats, but not every day...I make my own bread...no processed junkie foods (even when I have tried to eat stuff like that I instantly feel sluggish and yuck)...no fast foods...lots of fresh and yummy.
9.I do enjoy my treats. Instead of eating ice cream (my all time favorite sweet) I eat frozen yogurt with nuts on top. It is the perfect way to eat a sweet, but not overindulge with hundreds of calories. I try to do everything in moderation. If I go to a party, I enjoy my time there. But it is no longer fun to overeat...it's not worth the time anymore. My focus is no longer food...it's living this life to the fullest. I never count calories, or fat, or carbs...I just try to eat foods that my body would like. I retrained my body...I told it what it likes. And it listened.
10. I think my biggest pointer is to totally love and enjoy what you are doing. I feel like a new person. I am humbled by the Lord from what he has done for me. It is an awesome transformation. I am blessed and am enjoying every day of this journey.
To date: 96 pounds lost