Two Months

Two months from now...yes, two months...I will be running my first 10k!!!!  Go ahead, let out a yahoo!!! I can hear it, I promise.  Wow, it's been a long four months of training.  Lots of miles have been run during the weeks that have passed.  Never did I think I would run.  Or be a runner.  My weeks are driven by my run days.  I drag my body out of bed 3-4 days a week so I can pound my feet on the pavement.  And then come back a sweaty, dripping person.  And you know what? It is totally worth every second.  Every step. Every mile.  I love it. My body loves it. 
I am amazed how far I have come.  From a morbidly obese woman...to a much slimmer, fit woman. Yeah, I have a lot of pounds to go...but that's okay. I am on the warpath! I am finishing this race.  Amazing things are happening to me.  I have never, ever, ever felt this good.  I can't ever remember being this thin.  Or this fit!!!!  The loss of weight is just the icing on the cake.  I just love feeling really good.
So, keep me in your prayers.  I still have a lot of training ahead of me.  I have to increase my speed like crazy.  I have come so far.  Today, I had an awesome run.  I dropped my speed so much and it felt so good.  It was a great run.  What a great way to start the week, right?  WooHoo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?