Books!


Today I was finally able to purchase all of our curriculum for school...only a week before school starts. Thankfully, it will be here in time for school to start a week from today. I was able to purchase a history set last week on ebay...100 dollars cheaper then a brand new set. This is the first year that I have spent the amount that I spent today...last year I thought $300 was a lot...but with 3 kids in school the amount rose considerably. I did purchase several items that will be reused, so I am excited for that. With all the little kids following, I will be able to get my money's worth. Put aside the cost (which I must admit is much less than one month's fees for private school and even less than what the average parent spends on back to school clothes and supplies), and realize that every dollar spent and time spent is an investment in my kids. That is the most awesome thing about homeschooling. Every day is a time to plant seed in their lives...and to explore and open up the world to them. I can't tell you how much joy it brings me to see my kids read...knowing that I taught them. And to see them ask questions, and laugh and be excited about what is going to happen next. So, I guess it really doesn't matter what the cost it...I am just honored that I am able to homeschool and love on my kids daily.

Comments

Michelle said…
I am getting to order my stuff tomorrow!!!

Nice post, yes indeed we are planting seeds in their lives. God is so good to allow us the opportunity to school our kids!

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?