Five kids...each one it's own variety. Lots of laughter, joy and fun times. A life following Jesus...being a Jesus lover. Raising these incredible individuals and leading them towards their destiny. Stop on by, settle in for a bit and share bits and pieces of our life.
I have to post something today, because today is the first day of the best month of the year. October, how I love you. I adore you. And of course this is the month of my birth....so you are incredibly awesome. Haha. I know I love it so much because of my birthday, but I know I like it more because of my early memories growing up in New York. It was simply lovely then. The leaves were changing. The air was crisp and cool. Oh, I could get lost for a moment here. But I won't...focus Allison, focus.
Simply stated, this is the best month. It is the pathway to the holidays and for cooler weather. Which we really appreciate here in Florida. Happy October to you!!!
* I am posting a picture I sent my husband the other day...don't pay attention to the price tag...I was just showing him what I want by our front door. When I see a cluster of mums, I think OCTOBER!
Wow, it's been forever. So much has changed in my life in the past few years. I loved blogging a few years ago and then my life went on full speed ahead. And now I am back. I surely am not the person that I was just a few years ago. So, here are 30 things about myself that will get us reacquainted.
1. I am living back in Florida. Wow, how did that happen???
2. A door opened that we couldn't ignore in my husband's career and we took it.
3. I miss so much about NC, but at the same time I am at such peace here in Florida.
4. We have such a lovely home here in Florida.
5. We have a pool.
6. I have been living in my bathing suit.
7. The heat hasn't bothered me yet. (Maybe I shouldn't say that yet)
8. I am still married to the most amazing man...22+ years and counting.
9. Five kids still...one in college...two in high school and two in middle school.
10. I don't miss the baby stage at all.
11. This season we are in is wonderful with the kids...we can have alone time…
Years ago my mom was hurt in an accident and she was hurt pretty badly. She wasn't able to walk for a few months. She basically hung out in the recliner at my house waiting for her knee to heal. It took several months. I was her caretaker those months…I had to do everything for her. It was tough. I had five kids…my youngest was only 2 years old, I was homeschooling and my house was really busy. But you do what you have to do. Right? Now, with my mom gone, I sure wish I could go back to those days. Now I realize it was an honor to care for her. This blog post really isn’t about that. During that time she watched a lot of television. Of course, she didn’t have anything else to do. We still have crazy memories of her watching Seven Brides for Seven Brothers over and over again with my girls. Not her choice…it was the girls who were obsessed with that movie. After those few months she absolutely hated that movie…lol And she seemed to watch QVC a lot. Remember QVC? Where you could shop…
"I am bored!!!" Have you heard it yet???? I have. I think I heard it on the first day of summer. The pages of their books were barely closed...and they had nothing to do. Then I look in their room that is packed with toys, gadgets and games...and then I see the pool in the backyard glistening in the sun. And then I remember they are bored. LOL
I know things have changed since I was a kid. My mom just released us outside and we found something to do all summer long. We rode bikes, played in creeks, made forts and played house...we came inside only to eat. And we ran until it was almost dark. Summer was fun. And we didn't have any electronics. We were only allowed to watch television on the weekends. TV was never an option. And an iPad wasn't even close to being invented. We had an Atari (remember those), but that wasn't for the every day. We had to keep ourselves busy.
Allowing our kids to be creative creates flexible, self-sufficient adults who can think out of …