Out and About

 So, for my birthday my kids got a bike for me. I asked a million times and they listened. Of course, it was to their benefit because now I will take them on bike rides.  On the first cool night this week I took three of them out.  Three kids was a lot to take out by myself on the streets.  They all bike at different paces, so it was hard to keep track of them.
And then there was little boo-boo head (aka Judah).  He almost killed me a dozen times.  He couldn't go very fast (he didn't get much bike practice at our old house because of the soft sand) so I stayed behind with him.  You can see in the picture how far up the other kids are.  Well, he kept on stopping and I would almost plow into him or he would focus on something on the side of the road and steer into me or oncoming traffic.  It was a bit of a frightful scene. We turned around 1/2 way to my original destination...which I am glad I did because Judah's little legs got really tired.
Though I probably got a few more gray hairs that night, it was worth every minute.  I loved being out with the kids.  Free entertainment and lots of memories being made.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?