Ordinary Days

It's four o'clock in the afternoon and it has been a fantastic day.  Started the day with wide open windows...the first time this season.  It is so refreshing, especially after being cooped up all summer with the A/C on.  It was actually funny to sit here during school time and hear all the little noises that the outside produces.  I actually kind of enjoyed it.
Had a short run this morning.  It has been hard lately.  I just hate the darkness.  I just don't feel comfortable running in the dark.  It is weird to be out there alone and you can't even see where your feet are.  It wasn't too bad at first because it was getting light around 6:30...but now it is closer to 7:00 a.m before it is getting light.  So, I turned around this morning after darting a dozen or so oncoming cars and decided that until the time changes, I will be an afternoon or evening runner (except for Saturdays).  The temps are much better, so I will be able to handle it.  And when the time changes in two weeks I will go back to my morning runs.  I much prefer it that way...get it out of the way and let it make you feel accomplished all day.
So, anyway...enough about running.  I feel like I think about running all the time.  Crazy, right?  So, last week I was getting a bit frustrated because I feel like I am out and about all the time.  Going here and there all the time.  And I just don't have the time in my house.  So, I changed my schedule around...and I am going to try to stay home on Mondays and Wednesdays.  No appointments...no nothing except home stuff. Today was my first day and it feels great.  I have got so much done it is crazy.  And I feel totally relaxed and ahead of the game.  Nice!  The other days I have to go places...we have speech therapy 2x a week...swimming...co-op days.  All those are unavoidable.  But my other days are home bound.  And I am going to love it.  I already have dinner in the crock pot ready.  Isn't the crock pot the greatest invention ever?  It makes life so much easier. On tonight's menu...my husband's favorite...white chili.  Looking forward to a relaxing evening at home.  I was thinking this morning...goodness, I am so blessed.  Not everything is perfect in my life.  But I am blessed to be living this life.  God is so good.  And I am honored that he gave me this life. Hope you are having a great week...take some time this week and stay home. See how wonderful it feels!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?