The weather outside is frightful...

I am just taking a moment to post from New York...sorry no pictures...Matt can't get his computer to work since it is normally on our wireless. The weather was really warm when we got here...all the way into the upper 50's, which of course melted all the snow. So the kids got to throw a few snowballs, but not much. But we are waiting for a few inches of snow tonight. It was so beautiful this morning eating breakfast with the kids, Matt , my Dad and Heidi and watching the snowflakes come down through the sliding glass window.
The day after we got here we traveled an hour drive to Ithaca...the home of Cornell University. We wanted to check out the city because it is considered one of the greenest cities in the country and also one of the best cities to live in. It was really nice...we ate at a small delicatessen and walked along the commons...it was a great morning. And yesterday we drove 200 miles to Poughkeepsie, which is the city that I grew up in. It was worth the long trip. We went to my old house...talked to the new neighbors...took lots of pictures. I cried a little bit watching my own kids run around the same yard that I spent many an hour...down the same hill and around the big oak tree that was next to my second story window. I showed them the window that Jason (my brother) and I used to climb out of and walk along the flat part of the roof. And the new owner showed me all the rose bushes along the fence that my mom planted 28 years ago...and that the strawberries still grow along the steps to the back of the house. I ate so many of those strawberries in the summer time. It was the perfect moments. Then we drove to the center of town...to see the same stores and few changes. We then went to my elementary school. Thankfully a secretary was on her way out and I got to talk to her...she let us in...told me all my old teachers are still alive but retired. We then roamed the hallways...and then walked into my kindergarten classroom. I wanted to cry the whole time. Then our final stop was at my friend Sara's parents house. I figured Sara wasn't there anymore, but I wanted to talk to her parents to get current information. So we stood there and talked and caught up on the last twenty years. Same house...same color...it was so sweet. We had a funny thing happen there, but I will make another post just about that. As you can see it was a great day. It is so awesome to go back...and wonder how God brought you to where you are at. I just loved taking my kids there and we had such a fabulous day. So when I get back there will be lots of pictures. I hope you are well...and I am hoping tomorrow my kids will be sledding down the back hill!

Comments

Michelle said…
Sounds like such a wnderful time Breath in some cold air for me!!

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?