Seventeen Years Ago


Seventeen years ago I met a young man who would change my life. I didn't know it at the time, but he has touched my life more than any person. He was a bit shorter ( I think) and he had a whole bunch of blond hair (and we will just say that it is not as natural as Esther's and Judah's hair...but it was still blond, lol). We met at a church service one day and I wasn't the nicest person when we first met. He says to this day that I was a bit of a snob, but I beg to differ! But from that day on he was one of my dearest friends. We were friends first...we laughed, played, went to school together and of course we argued. We couldn't be any more different, but because of that reason we gel together easily. I am strong where he is weak and I am weak where he is strong. It's the way God wanted it. Today is this young man's birthday...but he is just not as young anymore. Today he is turning 33 years old. Can't believe that I have been around for the past 17 years! He was so funny when we were younger...he used to make me laugh so much..it was one of the reasons I was so attracted to him. But as the years went by he because less funny, tons more serious and burdened down. I must admit that for the past two years he has become more and more like the old Matt..just more mature and so much more lovable. The freedom he received again happened after we left our last church body and he found Jesus again. Freedom to be the person he is meant to be...and it's awesome to watch God mold and make him. Now as I look back, I saw this young boy change into this incredible man. I am so excited to watch and to love him. I know him so well and I am so honored to serve him...as his wife, best friend, lover, helpmate and mother of his children. Who knew that we would have five babies together...that is the miracle of the Lord...to be open armed before Him and allow Him to change us to what He wants. So I take this time to say I Love You and Happy Birthday...to my man, Matthew!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?