These are the best times of our life!


"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:12-13
I was reading Philippians this past week and I read over this scripture...and yes it was not the first time...and it won't be the last...but it still really ministered to me. In the times we are in, this can be imprinted in our lives. If Paul can be content while he is in prison (in prison for preaching the gospel), then I can be content wherever I am. So I took this scripture and looked at different areas of my life...to have the Lord reveal if I am not content where I am at...or if I need to make changes. I opened myself up to him...to dig and to pull out the yuck and to show me where I need to make changes. And to look at areas where I need to change my attitude. He is so willing to do this, if we are open to him.
And I realized that I am content in so many areas in my life...and it is only because of Him. The biggest area of change is being content living in Florida. Yes, it is not my favorite place, but I am so happy to be where He has me. Of course, I am so content with my family...my wonderful kids, my servant husband...and to see where God has taken as a couple. I am so happy with Matthew...we are in such an awesome place as a couple. Our unity is so strong...and because of that God is able to do some amazing things in our life. We are watching Him with "WOW" on our lips...and we are expecting more. We are in anticipation of our future...but at the same time, loving our life right now. I just read the other day from a father with a young, large family who said, "these are the best times of our life." That's where I am today!

Comments

Superhero Mom said…
It is amazing what happens when we go beyond just believing "in" God and begin to simply believe God! Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow!

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?