Back to Reality...

I only have a moment. It is three minutes before seven in the morning and I am supposed to have the kids up in three minutes!!! Matt and I had a wonderful weekend away...to a beautiful resort in Orlando...only a few minutes from Disney. The place was huge and so perfect. It had a large garden tub (it has been a long time since I took a bath), a pool, and large rooms. On Friday night we met up with Steve and Betsy Gonzalez...our youth leaders when we were in our teens and then the couple that married Matt and I almost 13 years ago. We had sushi together and caught up on their lives. They are so awesome and they don't even realize that the many beliefs that we have today are because of them...they were part of our foundation pouring...they taught us about family...and how your kids are your ministry! We are so grateful to have them in our lives and know that our lives changed by their love, words and actions.
Then on Saturday we shopped, went to see the town of Celebration, went to the movies (without kids) and then we met up with Chris and Jen McDonald at PF Changs...Chinese bistro! Though we go to church with them we don't see them as much anymore because we are in different circles, I guess. So we meet up every couple months and have a good talk to see where each other is at. It is so awesome...no time lost. Our wait was long for our table, so it was awesome to reconnect and hear what the Lord is doing!
On Sunday we went to IKEA for the first time, which was a blast! I love that store. It gave us some new ideas on what we want to do with the new addition on our house...After that we got ourselves together and picked up our kids at the grandparent's house (my mother-in-law asked not to be called the in-laws...I guess she is right, it does sound so negative, lol). We missed our kids so much, but it was good to get away. Now back to life...back to reality...I am five minutes late...I am off to cook breakfast and start school!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?