The In-Place to Be

Yes, I have a picture of Walmart on my blog. I know totally weird and in need of explanation. This is where my family hung out (okay, not exactly hung out, but stayed briefly) last night. Our town has been waiting for a Super Walmart for years. It has been the talk for such a long time...get one...don't get one...get one...don't get one. That's what the talk was like. Years ago they voted against a piece of land to be used for it, and then turned around and put a Home Depot there. Not sure what happened there. Anyway, this has been in the works for a long time. The Walmart for our time is small. The parking lot is always full and it's crowded. This was needed.
Now to talk directly towards the anti-Walmart people. Yes, I believe in community stores first. I will always buy there first...as long as it works good for my family. We are budget conscious. Our numbers are tight as a one income family. So, with that in mind, I will always try to buy local first. To keep jobs here. To keep business here. But if doesn't fit in my family budget, I have to pay attention to that first. And to think about jobs...an additional 220 jobs were made just from opening this Walmart. That is good for this community. It's not like they are putting a brand new, never before Walmart in our town...this is replacing the first with better, which means more jobs. And the old store is supposed to be used for another store. And there are already plans to put more businesses surrounding the Walmart, which means more jobs. I will get off my box now.
To go back to the original point, my family and I strolled around the new store last night. Talked to some neighbors...ran into old friends. It was fun. And a bit kooky...that's okay with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?