Face to Face with the 10K

 
After training for 25 weeks...holy cow, can it be that long.. I will be running my first 10k tomorrow.  Wow, I am simply amazed.  It went by so fast. It seems like I was just training for the 5k and that was a huge hurdle to jump over.  And now, I will be doubling that. 
It has been an amazing journey.  When I started 25 weeks ago I was running 22 minute miles.  Which is incredibly slow.  But that's okay.  I was carrying a lot of weight...about 50 pounds more than I am now...and my body was still in major training mode.  And now, I am running my miles in the 13 minute  range...still slow, but so much faster than I was.  I am so proud of myself.  Really. It was a lot of hard work.  It was a lot of mental blocks that I had to jump over.  A lot of getting up in the dark and running.  And doing it by myself.  I am so blessed and humbled because I know the Lord was with me this whole journey.  I couldn't have gone this far without him.
So, I will be back in a few days with lots of pictures and I am sure brimming with excitement!!!

Comments

Michelle said…
Wow, what an amazing accomplishment! I think a 13 minute mile is good :) I hope you enjoyed every minute of your 10K.

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?