Complete and Content

Last night I was in bed talking to Matt and I was expressing to him that I am so content with my life. I am so happy in this season in my life. I love my kids and all their idiosyncrasies...their laughter, their funny phrases, even their naughtiness. If I had walked out my original set plan for my life, I never would have been able to walk out this chapter in my life...God knew what I truly wanted and needed. Matt and I have been married for 12 years, together 14 years and friends for 16 years...we are at a place where we know how we work...our desires, thoughts and moods. We have become the team that God desired...our unity is so strong, it brings peace into home. I love my job and all that it entails. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would become a lactation counselor. It is so awesome to work with moms and walk through their daily struggle to breastfeed and love on their babies. My job brings out my strong points (points that I didn't know that I even had)...and I have the best support team at work...anytime I need to yield a situation to my boss, she is right there for me. And of course I love our body, Rock Church. It has been a place of healing, joy, and change. This body constantly pushes us to be better people...to know more of God and what he has for us. We are developing awesome friendships and bonds that are making us into stronger believers. With this strong covering, we see the change in our lives that couldn't have happened without it. And last but not least, I have come to a place of being content here in Florida. Yes, it is not my first pick to be here, but I know that this is where God has us for now. And yes, it could change and I am okay with that. So, overall, I am so excited about this season. He is molding and making me into this incredible believer...I so desire to be more like him...more loving, insightful, discerning and compassionate. My life could never be like this without him. I give Him all the glory!

Comments

Superhero Mom said…
That was beautifully written Allison. It is such an amazing gift to have that sense of peace in your marriage, of just knowing each other that well. No need for walking on egg shells, or wondering what the other is thinking...UGH. Can't even imagine. I have been married for 18years and every year it just gets better and better. I feel the same as you about being where I am. It feels right and good and I too am thankful. Nice post Allison! Thank you.

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?