The Longest five days...

Well, I must admit that I will think differently the next time I am told that a tropical storm is heading our way. We have had five days of being totally cooped up in our house...with five kids! My kids are used to swimming several times a week and to have the option of going in and out. They kept on asking me if they could go outside...and then I would point out the window and they would shake their head in disgust! I must admit that it has been a very productive week. Since we only have a week left until school starts, I finished all of my summer cleaning. My room was uncluttered completely, the kids room were organized, all the toys were gone through and thinned out...so here is a few pictures of this week, so you know what we were up to.

Here is Esther with her treasured umbrella. Matt went into work for a few hours every morning, and he took a kid with him each day. Here she is dressed in her "office" outfit, ready to work.
Here is William being super creative. He built a camera and was snapping away...
Here are the girls sleeping in PapPap and Nana's upstairs room. On Thursday we lost power and it didn't come on for another 30 hours...they loved going over there and hanging out!
Here we are on Tuesday...before the power went out for five hours. I made them fresh strawberry shortcake...yummy fresh biscuits made of spelt and cut up strawberries...it is a favorite here at the Reynolds household!
Slave labor...Bryn stuffing envelopes for my clients. She stuffed and sealed a 100 envelopes...so I was able to address them and get a lot of work done. Why waste time?
Okay maybe the slave labor is getting a bit ridiculous...haha. Bryn cleaned the outside of all the cabinets and appliances (she is so good) and I just finished cleaning out the oven (my favorite job). I also painted two walls, but I figured you didn't want to see a picture of a blank wall. Okay, I couldn't turn this around...well, I did but then I couldn't switch it...so here is Judah helping out with the cleaning.

Here are the kids on Tuesday night...they thought it was fun not to have any lights...of course this was when the house was still cool!
So, that was a short breakdown of our past five days. Edgewater received 13 inches or rain, and you can tell at various parts on the property. God though was faithful the whole time and blessed us...we are safe in our home, without any damage and we are all safe. Psalms 91...we live by that word!

Comments

Superhero Mom said…
He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust.” Oh we live by this too, let me tell you! I love this journey! I enjoyed the pictures! See ya tonight!

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?