Let the summer continue


As the rest of Volusia county prepares to start school on Monday, I must admit that the Reynolds family is going to be still splashing in the pool, the beach and soaking in the air conditioning, oops I mean the rays! As a Northerner I think it is almost illegal to start school before the Labor Day holiday. August is still summer...hasn't the Florida school districts figured that out? I just can't get into the school mode in this blazing heat and long humid days. Now don't get me wrong, my school schedule is in the back of mind, trying to push forward. I just scream, two more weeks...just two more weeks! So, while the rest of the moms are packing lunches and stuffing backpacks, I will be enjoying the last few weeks of summer.

Comments

Superhero Mom said…
I am one of those crazy Moms. Of course it really didn't matter much now that the public schools had off on their second day of school. I'm with you about starting after Labor Day. However, because I have one in the PS, I start homeschooling the same day and we live by the PS calendar sort of....I was able to continue to homeschool today even though PS were closed. Yeah!!! See ya at the open house!
Amanda said…
I'm right with ya sister us Northers don't so school till Sept.

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?