End of Summer

Labor Day is usually the official end of summer...so we are entering the Labor Day weekend...and I am so ready for the school year to start. That's why seasons are so great...there is a time and a place for them, and when they end you are so ready. Today I cleaned the grout in my kitchen and dining room and cleaned the leather couches and moisturized them. So that completes my list of things that I wanted to get done this summer. I made a list that I wanted to finish around the house before school started, and I have completed it and now I am ready to move on to the school year. I used to school in the summer until a friend of mine who has eight kids told me that summer is the only time you get to clean your closets out. So I now take the summer off as a mental, emotional and physical break, and I am so glad. It gives everyone a breather and then we are in the right mind when we start again. And of course I was able to complete a lot of tasks that I would have never been able to finish while working with the kids on their school work. Every inch of my house was touched and changed. I purged files, went through closets, painted, cleaned off shelves and now the tile and the couches. So, I feel like I really accomplished a lot. So, I am relaxing a bit more this weekend and getting ready for my two kindergartners and one six grader...and one three year old who wants to be included in everything. I am posting a picture of my sun girl...couldn't she be from fifties?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?