What's cooking for dinner?

I wanted to share what is cooking in my crock pot right now...it is my husband's favorite dinner. I have made it several times now, and it is so scrumptious every time!

White Chili
5cups of cooked chicken, cubed
3 cans of great northern beans, drained (I cook my own beans, and actually add more than this)
320z of chicken broth
16 ounces of salsa, mild (or you can use your own salsa that you have made)
8 ounces of mont. jack cheese, cubed or shredded ( I shred mine so that it melts better)
2 tsp of cumin
Put in crock pot high for three hours and then low for two hours, stir occasionally-Garnish with cheese or sour cream
This is such an easy recipe...I boil my chicken and then use the broth for the recipe...I make it early and then it is ready that night. And I will usually have some good bread on the side to dip in. And it is very nutritious...beans are so good for you...full of fiber, which many of us are lacking in our diets. And you can easily double the recipe, I just don't add more chicken, that way keeps the cost down and five cups is plenty! So, give it a try. I know it brings a smile on my husbands face!

Comments

Michelle said…
I'll have to give this one a try.
Superhero Mom said…
YUM! Why didn't you post this a week ago when I had all of these grilled chicken breasts left over. Hmmmmmm...I will be giving this a try. Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?