Stretching

Well, as I move along this week I must admit that the Lord is truly stretching me to a new and more powerful level. We are in the midst of our 40 day fast...a time to hear the Lord and to pray for the Cumbre coming up in the next few weeks. My mother had a bad accident of Saturday and was in ICU until yesterday. She broke several bones in her body and had a rough couple of days. She is getting better each day, but she has a long road of recovery before her. We don't know when she will come home and how much she will be able to do. She will definitely have a walker or maybe a wheelchair. I have been going up to the hospital every day to spend time with her, to talk with the nurses and doctors and to maintain a presence there so that the hospital workers know that my mom has an advocate. And along with this, we started school on Tuesday...this is all wrapped up together. Funny too, some young guy smacked into Matt's truck that I was driving on the way to see my mom on Sunday. I didn't let it move me, I tried to just focus on the Lord. There was just a bit of damage, but it did delay my actions for the rest of the day. So, as I go through this day I realize that the Lord is just making me grow, change and to focus on Him. And our awesome church family has been so supportive...keep tabs on what is going on and offering help in so many forms...from watching the kids to just sitting with me at the hospital. How awesome to have your covering work the way it is supposed to be. Their prayers are felt all over us. So, if you think of me, say a prayer...for a quick recovery for my mom and for the Lord to minister to us at this time. He is so faithful! Where has he been faithful with you this week?

Comments

Superhero Mom said…
I had no idea about your Mom. You mentioned it briefly, but didn't say it was just this last week...and yet you still made time to call this little Mom over hear and encourage me! You are definately demonstrating the Glory of God my friend and I too am appreciating what the Lord is doing in my heart as well. Stretching just means a greater capacity is yet to come. I'm moved now to update my gratitude list!
Michelle said…
God's been faithful in not only providing financially but also faithfully providing time for our family to grow closer and connect in the midst of a few crazy busy weeks.

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?