1st Day of School

Okay, so after a great summer...one of the best in years, we started school officially today, September 2, 2008. The kids were so excited and couldn't wait to start. I can't believe that Esther is old enough to be in school...the past five years has gone by so fast. She used to be my sissy roo-roo and now she is my kindergartner. So, here are kids this morning...bright and ready. Judah thought he would join in...can't forget about him.

Here is Esther holding her Abeka math book. She did such a superb job this morning...she is super smart.

Caleb ready and waiting. He is working on the same things as Esther, but we are expecting great things this year from him. He was bouncing all morning in anticipation. He wrote his name so well and was able to keep up...so proud!

And here is my little William. Though he is only three, you could never leave him out. He talked all week about how so excited he was. Then last night Matt was give him lovin' before he went to bed and William got weepy about not wanting to go to school. Matt found out that he thought that we were going to drop him off for school. After lots of reassurance that he would be home with us, he was happy again. I love homeschooling!
And here is my sixth grader. I was thinking today of her first day of school pictures and how little she was. Now, so grown up..doing more algebra this year and something new...geometry. I expect that this year will be better than last year, which will be hard to beat!

So, that's us at our little schoolhouse. Lots of laughing, and excitement. We made hand print pictures with a special first day of school poem. We learned about the"i" sound and started our sight words. And as we speak, Bryn is beside me writing about the bill of rights...she needs to know them by Friday...the question is will I know them by Friday???


Comments

Superhero Mom said…
I'd love to be a fly on your wall, just to see how you do it! What a fun first day! Thank you so much for your encouragement!

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?