On my walk...


I was outside this morning taking a walk...and it was so beautiful outside....so balmy...such a warm breeze going. It was so peaceful. My house was still quiet, except for Matt getting breakfast going. He is so wonderful to allow me a few minutes in the morning of exercise and quietness. Anyway, I was thinking of some friends (I was reminded of them because I was listening to their first dance song from their wedding on my MP3 player)...and I was then drawn to thoughts of my kids future spouses. I know my head wanders a bit...I was thinking of the foundation that Matt and I are pouring out to our kids...and what we are saying to them, showing them and just reviewing some of the aspects of the future. It is a bit frightful...but at the same time so exciting. I was also thinking about some of the things that I think are so imperative for each of their choices. I am came to the conclusion that the number one thing that I would want them to require of a future spouse...is their singleness in the Lord. I want them to know who they are in the Lord and are so grounded firmly in him. I was reading Matthew 7 this morning and it was talking about being grounded firmly in the rock. That's what I want. So they can truly live out their destiny. And now some fun stuff. I would love Esther to marry a Spanish person...what beautiful babies...and Caleb to marry an Asian woman...that makes my mouth water...grand babies that look like Tiger Woods. Okay...back to reality. The thought for today is to pray for your children and who they choose for their life partners. It will affect everyone in your family. Blessings on this Monday.
*One day my kids will hate that I took all these pictures of them. Here is Chewy (yes we call Judah "Chewy," long story) in my drawer on my bookshelf. He climbs into and onto everything. So adorable!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?