Fire!!!

I think that the title explains everything. It has been a sad time here at my house since Sunday night. We were winding down that night...the kids were eating popsicles, I was lounging on the couch talking to my dad on the phone, and Matt was picking up...when he noticed a fog rolling in on our property. I saw him go to the window several times, wondering why it looked so different outside. When he went outside he started screaming...the detached garage was completely engulfed in flames. He ran outside and I followed...there was nothing we could do. It was all closed up and the wind was whipping the flames around. My mother lost her three last dogs that night...I had just put them in the garage for the night...we are so devastated. We evacuated the kids out of the house...running along the pasture fence, because we didn't know if the fire was going to spread. Thank goodness we had such a wet summer! All I remember is handing my baby to the neighbor as her boyfriend ran to the garage. Matt was able to move our cars, and then get my mom out of the house...pushing her wheelchair all the way across the street in the mud. I am not sure how he did it! We are all safe...that's the most important thing! We lost all the things that we store...thousands of dollars of tools, lawn equipment...pictures my mom kept from over twenty years ago...all of our extra clothes, baby equipment, tubs of Christmas ornaments...it is too much to even number. And the hardest thing to do is to have to make a list of everything you had for our insurance company ...if you had to itemize everything in your garage without looking, could you?
The Fire Marshall decided that it was a faulty line in a shop vac that was in the garage. It was plugged in by accident that afternoon when we were out there cleaning. We were prepping the garage to close it in and make a mother-in-law apartment.
Here are all the shots. The fire crews were awesome. They took care of us, and didn't leave until there wasn't any chance it could spread again. The Edgewater crew was awesome!!! They even took the time to bury the dogs almost at midnight...how precious is that! Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
So where does this take us! We are still in this numb mode. We have never experienced so much devastation in our lives. I am in total disbelief and in a state of total loss. The whole night has gone through my head a thousand times. I am thankful for my family safe and sound...but at the same time I feel like I have been punched! I ask for your prayers...for the healing to begin and for God to show his greater purpose!

Comments

Michelle said…
I got the e-mail and then immediately came here. Glad to hear the family, besides the dogs, are all OK. The Lord knows. Praying for you.
Love-MS
Superhero Mom said…
Please know that I am praying for you all during this time. I have been searching scripture and just wanted to offer up this prayer for your family. "Father, I come to You in the name of Jesus, on behalf of the Reynold's family, acknowledging You as our Refuge and High Tower. You are a refuge and a strong tower in these times of trouble. Your word says that in the day of trouble, You will hide us in Your shelter; in the secret place of Your tent will You hide us; thank you Lord for hiding the Reynold's family. Now Lord we just ask that you would send your Holy Spirit to comfort them in this time of loss. We stand upon your word and trust that all of their needs will be met according to Your glorious riches in Christ Jesus. We pray that you would pour out blessing upon them, so much more than they could even imagine! Thank you Lord for your eye is even on the sparrow, so we know how much more it is on Allison, Matt and their family. We trust you with their hearts at this time Jesus, in Your name we pray all these things. Amen!

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?