Three more days...

So, I am at three more days until my birthday. The kids are talking about what cake they want and that they can't wait to eat it...they always think of others first, lol. I was getting ready this morning and I was thinking about my birthday 10 years ago. I remember I was driving through the mountains of Tennessee and Georgia to pick up my niece and nephew for the day. I remember thinking about how far I had come in my life and how far I wanted to go. I was about to graduate college, Bryn was only a year and a half, and we lived in Tennessee. Some people may think that at 23 it is a little young to look back and look ahead...but I am still doing the same. You have to have a vision, or you will perish...so now I am thinking, am I where I am supposed to be at 33? The last ten years have been a rush of great things and also some sad ones. I have four more kids...who ever knew that day ten years ago I would have five kids. I probably would have laughed. And I am homeschooling my kids. Didn't plan on doing that either (Matt had other ideas). It is just interesting to see where life takes you when you focus on the Lord and walk in his direction. I wouldn't be where I am without him. I am at a place of being content. Yeah, I have many things that I am working on...and I am desiring to know more about HIM. I still have so many changes that I want to do. But I am at such a great place in my marriage. I am so happy with my husband and I see us growing and changing. My kids are so much fun and they bring so much joy. My relationship with the Lord has grown so much...I desire to be more like him...and I am actively working on it. I love my church body. I know that's where I am supposed to be and see how I have great leadership and accountability over me. So, I pray that this next year is awesome. It will be hard to beat. This has been a great year. We ride through the storms of life, but we hold on tight with the Lord. So, how has your year been? Are you where you think you should be?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?