Slow down there lady...


I am not talking about myself (at least not today)...but just in general for most moms out there. I watched a report yesterday about this mom who left her child in the car all day and they lost her. It made me so sad. But the idea that they were trying to give out was for moms to slow down and to make changes in our life so that we are not overwhelmed. I know there are times in our life where we are busier than others...but this couple would not have lost their baby if they had slowed down, and focused. How many times do we multi-task? We fold clothes, discipline children and are on hold with the doctors office. This story yesterday made me stop and think. How often do we feel stretched between three different things at the same time? I am going to make changes in my life so that accidents don't happen because I wasn't focused on what was at hand. I am not saying live in fear...far from it. But it goes back to the concept of living an intentional life. That is my life's breath. I want to be an intentional being. That's how we will live on the other side. Think today about how overwhelmed you are and what changes can you make to fix that. No matter what you have in your life, don't let it take your focus off the things you love.
*I am posting a shot from this spring of three precious people in my life strolling along the beach looking for shells one morning.

Comments

Michelle said…
Happy Birthday!
May God bless you each day this year, and may He give you eyes to see it!

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?