Loss of the Best Friend

Okay, so I am being a bit dramatic tonight. But I thought that I had to talk about the "Best Friend." He was Judah's favorite companion...his love, joy, peace and all out soother. It was his pacifier. We have called it Best Friend for a long time...and he loved...I mean LOVED...his Best Friend. He went every where with it...he stashed them in various spots, different houses and cities. He had it in different colors and sizes. So, what happened to Best Friend? Two weeks ago, we couldn't find one right before bed. All of us looked for 45 minutes for one. We had so many it was insane...but we just couldn't find one. And neither of us wanted to go to Publix to buy another one, so we took the risk of putting Judah to bed without it...and you know what, he did great! We never intended for him to go this long with it...we like them to go by 12 months, but he was so attached so we decided to give him more time. So, my little baby has turned into a little man. Time is going by so fast.

Who could resist this face...all scrunched up...a vision in red!
Another red one, held on the side...just in case he needed to pop it in!
In blue...on the floor playing with his toys.


And even one in turquoise...my he loved his best friend!

If you mention the name "Best Friend" Judah's eyes will light up, but he is ready to move on. We will miss you Best Friend...no, not really, lol!



Comments

Superhero Mom said…
Oh this was so sweet. It made me think of Shane. He hated to give up his binky! Brendan was a binky boy too, but when he turned two, he just threw it out! I was so proud. I actually saved Brendan and Shane's binky (in a secret spot) for their memory boxes! It is like a "Best Friend"! Such a cute post!

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?