There is some cookin' going on...

I thought that I would start with my beautiful turkey that I put in the refrigerator this morning. It is all clean and saturated with olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, basil and oregano. I prepare it 24 hours before it goes in the oven. It makes it so moist and I have never had a dry turkey!

Yesterday, Danielle came over to bake with us. She is a friend from our home school group and she was such a delight. Here they are showing off their pinwheel cookies that they made. It was fun putting all the ingredients together and rolling the dough.

Here are the girls making pumpkin and zucchini bread. It is a family tradition to make this bread...I remember my mom making it when I lived in New York. The bread turned out good and the kids ate almost a whole loaf the first hour!

And our big excitement of the day...our shed arrived first thing in the morning. It is 12 by 16 and is replacing our garage. We decided not to redo the garage, but to instead add 500 square feet onto our house. Matt, his dad and William (Caleb already had his excursion picking out the shed two weeks earlier) went to pick out tools. It is every man's dream to be able to buy all the tools you want. Matt lost a 13 year collection of tools the night of the fire, and thankfully they were all paid for by our insurance company!

Have a great Thanksgiving. Today we are making four pumpkin pies and two apple pies...and getting ready for the big day. The kids are so excited...and so am I!



Comments

Michelle said…
Happy Turkey Day! I celebrate the arrival of your shed and new tools with you!

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?