Royal Wedding

I couldn't let time go by without talking about the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton. I know, some have heard enough about it. For those of you who don't personally know me, I have been the biggest Royal watcher...since about 1987. I have read/bought hundreds of books, magazines, memorabilia over the years. It started out with a fascination of the Duchess of York visiting Los Angeles (where I lived at the time) to a major crash into British, and then European History. I became a history lover since then...and the fascination continues. So, with the upcoming wedding....I made plans to get up at 4 am to watch the wedding. Crazy...some say yes. I on the other hand couldn't wait. Funny thing is that I heard from countless people saying they remembered getting up with their mom when Princess Diana got married...and now, one day my daughters will say the same. It's all about the memory making and time together.


I had two girls who wanted to join me. Here we are...about 3:55 am...ready to watch. I didn't think Esther would make it...she is my sleeper...but she stayed up the whole time. And Bryn, who has been studying Medieval History this year, has joined in with the love of history. She has been reading, and reading and reading...trying to get all the details down. We watched every moment...we talked about the crazy hats, the outfits...I pointed out people who were there...from the stars, to European royalty, to the British prime minister. It was so much fun.




Bryn looking a little bleary eyed...in her robe still...but ready to watch.


Bitty Baby even joined us for the morning...I told Esther she should have worn her hat like the other ladies...lol!


Even, our pug Mia joined us! Though she was with us in body...she snored the whole time.














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?