Yogurt Making

Now that we have our new goat Doby, we have a ton of milk in the house. And we have to find ways to use it...besides the usual, drinking and baking. Matt bought a yogurt maker for me about two years ago...I have used it, but with Milk so expensive, it really wasn't cost effective. Well, I am so glad he bought it for me. I am making yogurt every other day now...it takes about 1/2 gallon, which is how much milk Doby is producing per day. Then I throw it in the blender with some ice, fresh fruit and honey...perfect smoothie. I am experimenting with different flavors to see what the kids like. It has been fun, and what a simple breakfast to make for the kids, especially as we go into the hot season.

Here is the blueberry smoothie I made the other day. The kids drank these down rather quickly!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulling Myself Out of the Deepest, Darkest Depression...My Story

2020...What does that look like to you? I am ready to BLOOM!

Warning: Do you think your child may be Dyslexic?